Sunday, July 10, 2011

Origins

This blog will chronicle a wide range of items that I find in used books. As of this post, I have been a used bookseller for about two years and have thus examined tens of thousands of books. In hindsight, I wish I had kept some of the past items I have stumbled across and since discarded. They ranged from the mundane (hundreds of common bookmarks and grocery lists), humorous (items seemingly unrelated to the genre of book), poignant (hand written letters dealing with heavy loss), valuable (one dollar), to the truly bizarre (the polaroid of a completely nude african-american gentleman posing quite nonchalantly - complete with a pair of pink-laced rollerskates). But what's gone is gone (perhaps for the best) and I can only pledge from now on to share the most interesting with you here.

The next post will highlight my inspiration for this blog.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment